The mission of the Cook County Chamber of Commerce is to be the representative voice of county for-profit and non-profit businesses
in working to improve the county economy and to address pressing county socioeconomic issues.
... read more
Help Wanted: Workforce Recruitment Specialist
The Cook County Chamber is seeking a part-time Workforce Recruitment Specialist who can staff and help develop a new Cook County Chamber Workforce Recruitment Program.
The Recruitment Program will be designed to assist Chamber member businesses to find and hire seasonal and year-round, full-time and part-time workers who are American citizens not requiring visas. This is an effort to supplement traditional reliance on J1 and H2B visa workers.
A concerted effort will be made to recruit workers from Puerto Rico, where the economy, decimated by financial difficulties and hurricanes, has been slow to recover.
The Workforce Recruitment Specialist will report to the Chamber Executive Director and informally to a committee of Chamber members working on this initiative.
Salary: $17-$20 per hour for 20 hours per week. The position is grant funded, with sufficient funds in hand to finance the position for the first year.
The complete job description is printed below.
If interested, please send a resume and letter explaining why you would be good at this job to:
Recruitment Specialist Position
Cook County Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 805
Grand Marais, MN 55604
Or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Call 218-387-2079
Cook County Chamber Workforce Recruitment Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director, Cook County Chamber
Job Summary: Responsible for searching out workers locally, regionally and nationally, including in Puerto Rico, to fill seasonal and year-round positions with Cook County Chamber member businesses.
Responsibilities and Duties of Recruitment Specialist:
- Will employ a broad range of cost-effective marketing and networking methods to search out high quality potential employees to fill job openings with Cook County employers in health care, hospitality, government, retail and other categories. Businesses that participate will be Chamber members and agree to appropriate fees.
- Will help Chamber employers become certified by the Puerto Rico Department of Labor to recruit through the department’s job centers.
- Will plan and execute job fairs and recruitment missions on the mainland and in Puerto Rico.
- Will explore areas of the United States where unemployment is higher than other areas to identify promising sources for workers.
- Will work with Cook County Higher Ed to expand training and educational opportunities in:
- Tourism and hospitality
- Health care
- Building trades
- Other areas as require
- Will manage administration of workforce recruitment program, including tracking time spent for billing, tracking data needed for grant reporting, identifying and applying for grants and other funding possibilities, creating invoices, receiving payments, managing record keeping in QuickBooks, preparing monthly expense reports for accountants, managing bank account, preparing periodic updates for Chamber board.
- Will monitor the resettlement of workers recruited through this program to ensure they are thriving and getting the support they require.
- Will publicize the workforce recruitment program via social media, Cook County News Herald, WTIP, email and other media. The goals will be to create a positive impression of this program and of the Cook County Chamber, and to recruit new employers to enroll in the program.
- Successful candidate will have exceptional skill at communicating both orally and in writing, and will demonstrate a strong command of English grammar, spelling and sentence construction.
- They will be personable and good at listening to others.
- They will demonstrate good instincts in evaluating strengths and weaknesses in others.
- Experience in workforce recruitment an important plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not a requirement.
$17-$20 per hour for 20 hours per week. Position is grant funded and, at this point is funded for the first year.