The mission of the Cook County Chamber of Commerce is to be the representative voice of county for-profit and non-profit businesses
in working to improve the county economy and to address pressing county socioeconomic issues.
... read more
New Business Directory07-21-2015
The Cook County Chamber of Commerce has just finished work on what we believe is the most comprehensive business directory of the county ever compiled. To be listed in it, and to ensure your listing is accurate, here is what you need to know.
1. The next step is to have every county business review the information in their listing. We need to know if it is complete and accurate. You can access the directory by clicking the “Business Directory” tab on the home page of the Chamber website: www.cookcountychamber.org
Please review your listing and email us at email@example.com if you need information added to, deleted from or changed in the listing.
If your business is NOT listed, email us with your business name, physical address, mailing address, principal contact, telephone number, email address, web address and business type(s).
We will leave the directory open for review and updating until Aug. 3.
2. Inclusion in the online directory is free for Chamber members. On Aug. 3, we will take the comprehensive directory offline. Replacing it will be an online directory of Chamber members and government offices. If you are not a Chamber member and would like to become one, please click the “Join the Chamber” tab at the top of the Chamber website home page. There you will discover many, many good reasons to join in addition to getting a listing in the directory.
3. Upgrade to premium level in the online directory: Chamber members and government agencies can choose to upgrade their online listing to include a “clickable” logo and a bit of narrative explaining their business.
For example, if you look at the listing, under “T” for Two Dogs in the Web, you will discover that if you click on the logo, you are taken directly to the Two Dogs webpage. They’ve also included the narrative, “Websites and graphics that get tails wagging.”
If you would like to upgrade to the premium service, you need to email us a copy of your logo, the url to link with the logo, and the narrative you wish included. We will make the upgrade and send you an invoice for $50, which will be a recurring annual charge, billed each August along with your Chamber dues.
4. Excel spreadsheet: If you would like your own copy of the directory to use for mailing labels, to create email lists, etc., you can order that by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an exceptionally powerful directory that should save many businesses (and government offices) a great deal of time and labor. If you only need a spreadsheet of businesses in a specific zip code, or business type, we can provide those lists as well.
Cost for the Excel spreadsheet is $50 annually for Chamber members and government offices, and $250 annually for non-member businesses; with the purchase, you will receive at least one directory update each year. Renewals will be billed in August, with new annual spreadsheets distributed in September.
Since the cost of joining the Chamber is $195 for many businesses, it will cost about the same to join the Chamber, get the spreadsheet and get listed in the online directory as buying the spreadsheet alone.
5. Directory API: For those businesses, in Cook County or elsewhere, that have in-house programming skills, we also offer customized access to the directory via “directory API.” Cost for that one-time service runs $50 for Chamber members and government offices, $250 for non-members.
If you have questions about any of this, please email email@example.com or call 218-387-2079.